We all like to make home improvements, and Cantamar encourages residents
to improve our already attractive community.
These improvements take us from a “subdivision” to a true “neighborhood.”
But we do have architectural guidelines to ensure that these improvements truly are
enhancements to the neighborhood and fit in with the “look” originally established.
Please check out the Rules & Regulations before submitting your ACC form.
Neighbors Beware!! Don’t make a costly mistake!!
No Changes to the exterior of any home or lot
may be commenced without prior written approval
of the Architectural Control Committee and Board of Directors!
Violators of this rule will be fined, and may incur legal fees and charges!
New Architectural Control Committee Rules effective June 2022
Your Architectural Control Committee and Board of Directors approved new Architectural Control Committee Rules in June 2022. These include paint colors, door styles, roof types and colors, windows, exterior lights, paver colors, and color combinations. Please be sure to check these rules before planning any improvements.
How to Submit Your Improvement Plans
Submit the completed form to Lynx Property Services at email@example.com along with your plans, photos and samples (see page 2 of the Form for requirements). They will forward your application to the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) for the committee to review. They will turn it around as quickly as possible and get it back to her. Lynx will send out the approval or disapproval letter. Allow up to 30 days for approval.
Note that if your improvement requires a permit, you must submit a copy of the permit to Lynx Property Services. If it is not practical to submit the permit with the application, the ACC will make your approval subject to receipt of permit. You will need to mail in a copy of the permit once you get it.
At the Board meeting in February 2021, the Board approved bronze metal front doors with windows.
They also approved two new house stucco colors (see approved colors below).
Our goal is to establish landscaping criteria to enhance our Community’s beauty and increase its value while adhering to the Association’s Rules & Regulations.
In order to clarify and provide additional Guidelines for the Landscape section of the Rules & Regulations of 2007, the Board of Directors and Architectural Control Committee set forth the following Guidelines for minimum standards for Landscaping.
Landscape maintenance shall include quality maintenance of all trees, shrub, ground cover, annuals, turf grass, irrigation systems, treatment of any disease, fungus or pest and periodic fertilization.
1. Turf areas should be regularly cut and edged to maintain a consistent appearance of quality.
2. If a lawn is 25% or more weeds, bare ground, or dying grass it must be restored/replaced. A suitable alternative to sod on the easement between sidewalk and curb would be a ground cover such as jasmine, ARC approval will be required.
3. All damaged plant material, including but not limited to ground cover and sod, shall be removed and replaced with replacements that meet landscape material and maintenance requirements set forth in these Guidelines.
Front yard shall include:
- Minimum of 1 shade tree or three palms at a minimum height of 6, 8 and 10 feet at time of planting.
- Minimum of 1 landscape bed no smaller than 8′ X 12′ containing a minimum of 20 shrubs/flowering plants.
- Shrubs shall be planted underneath the windows of the front wall facing street to provide a softening buffer to the length of the frontage wall of the home.
- Shrubbery or hedge must be maintained regularly and shall not exceed 4 feet in height. Length and thickness of choice, provided it does not encroach on sidewalk or pedestrian traffic.
- All landscaped areas shall be primarily grass and shall not be covered with gravel, mulch or any artificial surface. Under no circumstances shall open unplanted mulch areas be acceptable.
Trees are community assets. Before any trees are removed, a request must be submitted and approved. Requests to remove trees shall include a diagram depicting the approximate location of all existing trees and their types, along with the trees to be removed, the reason for their removal and a copy of Miami-Dade County Permit or Certification from Arborist.
A tree removal/relocation permit is required for the removal or relocation of any tree within Miami-Dade County not specifically exempt under the Environmental Code of Miami-Dade County.
For details on any of the above information, samples of approved plants, and additional photos of lawns to emulate or unacceptable lawns please check out the Landscape Standards document (.pdf).
New Architectural Guidelines: Metal Roofs (August 2020)
The Board in keeping with the times and in an effort to consider new and improved construction materials with what appears to be an increase in Hurricanes and their intensity have approved Metal Roofing in the community. This new roofing system will increase substantially the wind uplift resistance from these Storms and will also increase property values as a home with a metal roof will be more desirable to purchasers.
Please be advised that you must submit an architectural application to change your roof.
Rules & Regulations
These Rules & Regulations were developed by your fellow neighbors, approved by the Board, and filed with Miami-Dade County. They act as a supplement to the Covenants and Restrictions to help direct homeowners in their planned home improvements.
Please be sure to refer to these prior to submitting your plans for approval. It will assist in getting your plans approved.
New Architectural Guidelines (October 2015)
In order to provide consistent Guidelines, the Architectural Control Committee and the Board of Directors held a Workshop on October 7, 2015. The following new Guidelines were adopted by the Board at their meeting on October 14, 2015.
- Fences Along the Lake — The “Metal Railing Fence” Guidelines are hereby modified to state that metal railing-style fences that back up to the Lake may be considered for approval up to 5 feet in height to match the neighbors’ fence line. Where one side may be 4 feet tall and the other neighbor 5 feet tall, it shall be a decision by the homeowner in their submittal.
In addition no spikes or spires on top are permitted (only flat rail)
Wood — As to those particular areas where the wood fencing protrudes past the side wall on the lake, these will be considered by the Committee and the Board on a case by case basis as there are two locations where these conditions currently exist. The rule remains the same and only consideration will be granted if asked in those particular areas. (Editor’s note: These instances referred to have been grandfathered in and the homeowners involved have been notified that any future changes will need to abide by the rules as stated.)
- Driveway Expansion — Driveway expansion shall only be permitted with the prior written approval of the Architectural Control Committee and/or the Board of Directors. Only minimal expansion of up to 5 feet in width shall be considered for approval and only with matching pavers as are already approved, and where the driveway is located in such a manner on lots as to only accommodate one car in depth. The apron of any driveway approved for such expansion shall match the footprint of the expansion and be completed in one continuous pouring of concrete from the sidewalk to meet the street.
- Additions to the rear of a home — Additions to the rear of a home shall only be permitted with the prior written approval of the Architectural Control Committee and/or Board of Directors. Additions may be approved by the Committee and/or Board only using the same materials as the main structure of the home. Only the same textured and painted stucco finish, roof pitch and design and same roof tiles may be utilized. Additions shall not exceed the drainage/percolation requirements of Miami Dade County nor the Town of Cutler Bay. Additions shall not extend into any easements and shall not extend beyond any side wall of a home. All such additions must obtain the Building permits from the Town of Cutler Bay and/or Miami Dade County.
The approved house paint colors are available at Sherwin Williams. View the colors at sherwinwilliams.com.
Updated June 2022 to reflect most current ACC Rules.
Shoji White SW7042
Urban Putty SW7532
Jogging Path SW7638
Song Thrush SW9112
Universal Khaki SW6150
Repose Gray SW7015
Agreeable Gray SW7029
Perfect Greige SW6073
Gray Area SW7052
Liveable Green SW6176
Clary Sage SW6178
Totally Tan SW6115
Humble Gold SW6380
Anjou Pear SW6381
NOTE: If home is currently painted one of the retired colors, they may continue to paint their home with the retired color.
Retired colors will not be approved for new color.
Garage, Entry Door and Trim color:
Dover White SW6385
Pure White SW7005
Front Entry Door paint:
Urbane Bronze SW7048
Approved Fence Stain Color
The approved fence stain colors are available at Benjamin Moore dealers.
Hidden Valley solid color stain 1134
Topeka Taupe solid color stain 1463
Beautiful Mailbox Company installed the mailboxes throughout Cantamar. They still have the same model currently in the community and can provide replacements. The model is the Key West 100 in Black.
Beautiful Mailbox Company
2360 W. 76th Street,
Hialeah, FL 33016
Toll free: 1-800-856-6983
Adrian spoke with Deloris there.
Prices (Includes product, installation, and tax):
- Mailbox (not including palm decoration w/numbers) $53.00
- Mailbox with Post (Single, includes palm decoration and numbers) $224.70
- Mailbox with Post (Double, includes palm decoration and numbers) $278.20
- Post Only Single (Includes palm decoration and numbers. Using existing mailbox) $208.65
- Post Only Double (Includes palm decoration and numbers. Using existing mailbox) $246.10Prices subject to change without notice.
Please note that above-ground pools are not permitted in Cantamar. These are typically blue plastic, but the restriction applies to any above-ground pool. The only exception is for temporary kiddie pools under 3 feet. If you have any questions on this policy, please contact the Architectural Control Committee at cantamarHOAcutlerbay@gmail.com (put “ACC” in the subject line).